(An aside about no one in particular)
Sure, maybe it was cute once upon a time -- like back when Abbie Hoffman or one of those Yippies did it. But that was ages ago, wasn't it? So in this day and age what does throwing a pie in someone's face ultimately achieve, besides:
- Giving the target the chance to claim victimhood and file assault charges, and
- in this case, making his hitherto low-profile wife a household name, and
- giving all the tabloids and the papers and the blogs and the broadcasters something OMFG to chatter about, all of which
- effectively eclipses anything the target might've said during his two-and-a-half hours of public testimony, thereby
- handing the vacuous, enfeebled, sorry excuse for a media -- the very state of affairs that the target helped kick into hyperdrive, and which the perp was apparently "protesting" -- the very thing it needed to carry on in its usual deplorable fashion by providing them the excuse they were looking for to not cover the actual story at hand?
In short: THE SPECTACLE WINS AGAIN!
Oh, and maybe: also making a certain someone the top candidate for Tosser Of The Year. Yeah — brilliant move, dickhead.